Our highlights from 2018-19
A message from our Chair
As a bpha customer it’s very important that you have an opportunity to find out how we’re doing.
I have been on the bpha Board for 18 months now and one of my priorities is to ensure that we continue to focus on providing the level of customer service I would expect to receive from others – high-quality, value for money and timely. And I want us to do what we say we are going to do. That’s why it’s so important that we share ‘Our highlights 2018-19’ with you.
It’s important to us that 100% of our homes continue to meet the government’s Decent Home Standard. The maintenance and improvement of your home is a priority for us, alongside the building of new properties.
We are also committed to working with communities – to improve the quality of life of residents and to benefit wider neighbourhoods.
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at this leaflet. If you have any questions please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our Customer Service team on 0330 100 0272.
Dr Paul Leinster CBE
“Customer service is at the core of everything we do and we continue to invest in the homes we provide.”
We are committed to building homes and communities where people live happily in a home they can afford.
We put residents at the heart of all we do. In the last year we estimate that there were over 250,000 customer contacts ranging from Housing Officer visits to calls to our Customer Service team and home safety checks.
We have built
of homes met the decent homes standard
spent on repairs and improvements
We carried out
We carried out
(i.e. replacing windows, doors, bathrooms, boilers and kitchens)
We want all of our homes to be of the same standard so the improvements we make match those of a new build property.
The changes we have made to the way we work as a result of those complaints…
- We have carried out intensive customer service training with our Customer Service Advisors to improve how we communicate with you
- We have worked alongside our contractors to ensure that the number of missed and late appointments is reduced, we have also ensured that they give you longer to answer the door
- We have introduced new Home Officers who will coordinate reported defects for the two-year period after you move into your new build home.
How we spend money
During the year for every £1 of rent received £1.90 was invested in new homes and services
The additional 90p comes from the sale of homes, borrowings and grants.
We continue to deliver a strong financial performance which enables us to maintain your homes, build new ones and invest in technology to improve services.
bpha’s main source of income is from social and affordable rents.
Working together with you
This year we’ve worked closely with a number of you to improve both where you live and how we deliver services.
In your communities:
- We’ve been out and about and have knocked on hundreds of doors to get your feedback on what it’s like to live in your neighbourhood
- Our work with the police and other agencies is helping to tackle youth violence and keep your street safer
- We’ve organised 55 events and have invited you to come along and get involved
- We have worked with our team of volunteer Resident Inspectors to improve your experience of repairs and maintenance
- The Customer Complaints Panel have helped to ensure that we deliver a fair complaints service
- Task and finish projects have given us the opportunity to meet with you face to face and listen to your views and opinions and use those to shape specific services
- To learn from you and your experience we’ve developed a bespoke package for gathering resident feedback
- We have consulted you and shared your views with government policy makers to ensure you have a voice
- We have spoken to different groups of residents to better understand your housing needs.